Short tours from Bucharest
Please note that all museums are closed for public on Mondays excepting Parliament Palace which is available daily excepting periods of important events hosted by this venue.
1. Classic Sightseeing Tour
The legend says that a shepherd called Bucur, coming down from the mountain with his sheep, found here a nice spot between two rivers, Colentina and Dimbovita, which was a perfect place for him to settle.
First, he built a church, Bucur's church, then arround this church developed a small village.
Taking advantage of the friendly environment, the small village became along the centuries the nowadays city, one of the most interesting in Central Europe.
From early spring to late autumn the whole city is in bloom, that why Bucharest it is known as the city of gardens.
The tour will take you on the main boulevards to the ancient and newest sites of the city.
- Our guide will meet you in the hotel lobby (or your Bucharest residence).
- Drive through the main boulevards: Carol, Elisabeta, Magheru, Victoriei, Kisseleff, Aviatorilor
- Outside glimpse of: the Royal Palace, the Romanian Athenaeum, the Romanian Opera House, the Patriarchal Palace
- Stops at: the Romanian Metropolitan Church, Military Academy and Revolution Square
- Museums included: the Village Museum and Parliament’s Palace.