COVASNA Spa resort
Covasna - The resort of 1000 health spring®
Covasna - The resort of 1000 health spring®
Covasna spa has flourished as a health resort since 1880's.
In 1881 the fundamental regulation of the spa's activity was elaborated when the "Devil Swamp Bath Institute" was opened for the public. The mineral water from Covasna won gold medal at the Trieste mineral water world-exhibition in 1882.
The richness of the mineral (moffete gas, mineral waters) and natural resources (sub alpine climate, strongly ozoned air, rich in negative ions) offers a maximal efficiency treatment, unique in Europe.
The therapy programs are monitorised by qualified medical personnel and include 3 or more of the following procedures: warm bath in natural mineral water, moffetes (therapy with natural dry carbon gas), electro-physiotherapy (ultrasounds, ultra waves, diadinamics, magnetodiaflux, galvanic bath), hydro-termotherapy (massage shower, underwater massage, paraffin packing, jacuzzi), inhalations and aerosols, dry massage, rehabilitation gym.
The effective recommended period for the treatment session is 18 days.
Doctors prescribe the procedures according to individual pacients' affections, based on the results of regular analysis (blood, EKG, lung-Röentgen, urine).
On the first day the pacients have a medical examination and another one after 3 days or whenever is necessary.
GEROVITAL cure is also available, by request.
Covasna is one of richest resorts in natural mineral waters in our country with a great variety of its physical-chemical compositions.
The mineral waters here are carbonaceous, bicarbonate, chlorosodic, and iodinated and brominates, ferruginous, arsenical or slightly sulfurous, with a total mineralization of 3,2 - 22,4 g/l, very rich in carbonic acid of volcanic origin (2,5 g/l).
Another natural cure factor peculiar to the resort are the mofettes - emanations of natural gases, mainly carbon dioxide, used especially in the treatment of cardiovascular, locomotors, dermatological, metabolically affections or nervous system.
The natural mofettic gas of Covasna, containing 80 - 98% carbon dioxide, has a vasodilating effect, lowering the arterial tension, being thus salutary for the heart and the peripheral circulation.
The mofettes are to be found in the health center of the hotels. The natural moffetes and the mineral waters offer the unicity of the health product and tourists call them "healing labs".
Another important natural cure factor is sparing bio climate, with a less exciting effect on the central and vegetative nervous system as well as on the glands with internal secretions.
The variety of its natural cure factors combined with other medical methods offers the possibility of simultaneous treatment of more affections, which gives the complexity of Covasna.
The effects of natural moffetes and mineral carbon water:
2. Skin disorders
psoriasis, chronic eczema's, allergic skin disorders, neurodermatitis.
3. Gastrointestinal disorders
(internal cure): chronic erosive or non-erosive gastritis, gastric ulcer, postgastrectomy gastritis, duodenal recurrent ulcer, chronic inflammatory diseases of the bowel, functional bowel disorders, chronic enterocolitis, gastrointestinal dyspepsia, disorders consequent to epidemic hepatitis, postoperative biliary disorders, biliary duct diskynezia, biliary calculus.
4. Endocrine disorders
Basedow disease, hyperthyroidism, low functioning of the parathyroid and of the endocrine system.
5. Musculoskeletal disorders
- inflammatory articulate disorders
- allergic articulate and abarticular disorders with rheumatic
- infectious affections (general or - specific: tonsils, ear, sinuses, teeth) or toxic (professional, alimentary or drug induced) - rheumatoid arthritis; spondylitis ankylosing osteoarthrosis
- lombar disk syndrome, cervical and toraco- lombar spondylosis
- osteitis and osteoperiostitis; apophisitis and epiphisitis
- osteomalacia and osteochondrosis.
6. Genitourinary disorders
- chronic glomerulonephritis; simple secondary albuminuria
- infectious chronic pyelonephritis; urolithiasis; chronic inflammation of the lower urinary tract (cystitis, urethritis, pyelocystitis).
7. Neurological disorders
- peripheral nervous system disorders (nerve root disorders, polyneuropathy, post traumatic nervous system disorders)
- central nervous system disorders (after cerebral vascular accidents, asthenia or neurotic disorders).
8. Professional diseases
- chronically professional diseases caused by physical agents
- professional skin disorders due to physical agents.
... by coach to tourist objectives such as:
Contur Travel, Romanian Tour Operator based in Constanta providing travel services in Romania, Romania tours, spa cures, hotel accommodations and Constanta shore excursions. We will be always happy to assist you with your travel plans all over Romania and Covasna accommodation and cures.
design by W3layouts and 1500